Thursday 1 May 2014

Research into Digipak's and posters for my ancillary text's


Digipak

I concentrated my researched of Digipaks from the artist “Kings of Leon – Only by the Night” This Digipak gave me the idea on the Picture of my artist where I have merged two photo’s of his face into one with different backgrounds and different lighting. This has been used to show how his mind is split in two a lighter side and a darker side. Showing his mental instability.

Digipak’s use similar conventions such as: a link to the genre and a link to the artist and album itself. Due to my folk/pop genre I needed a natural feel to my Digipak this is why I introduced the front cover, which I believe, captured the genre of music very well. Along with the use of the close/mid-shots of my artist off frame however focusing on him I attempted to achieve a sense of his emotional damage along with his ‘wild’ mental state. 














Poster

I went for a different approach on the poster and instead used a poster from a American-Korean rap artist “dumbfounded” because of the representation it uses with the overlaying images showing the artist as faded. I liked this idea, as it is similar to the representation I want from my artist. To show he is missing something in him and how much it’s affected him.
  













This is my Final Poster in comparison to the Poster I acquired my inspiration from you can clearly see where I have adapted on this idea making it my own. I used images of fire or what I wanted to represent an Energy flow around the character. This was used as a way to show the power he has acquired with his own retribution. I then introduced this with this picture of my artist half in shadow and half in light as a way to show the audience that he has a dark side. This is a reference to the narrative behind my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment